Hello. I need to create a C application and i have to use a status bar. I think i can use MFC, but i don't know how to start. Can anyone help me?
Thanks.

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

Well, you can't use MFC because that is c++, not c. If you can use c++ then threre are several MFC tutorials.

Do you know how can i do this in C?
Thank you.

Did you try my idea I posted on Cprogramming?

Post up some code! Even if it's wrong, post up some effort you've made, and show us just what you want. There must be 100 different ways to make a status bar.

Hey friend. I can't find your idea. I don't know how to start in making a status bar. I need to do in the dos console.

>>I need to do in the dos console.
Forget it then because it can't be done in MS-DOS console program. Requires MS-Windows GUI program.

On second thought I suppose you could create one by using the Microsft win32 api console functions, or using old Turbo C so that you move the cursor to the bottom line of the console window then print the text you want to display.

Hey friend. I can't find your idea. I don't know how to start in making a status bar. I need to do in the dos console.

Are we talking about the same thing? I'm talking about a little DOS type thingy that might look like this:

|======================================|                                                                                    
|XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX|
|======================================|

A very crude representation, but you get the idea, I hope. There is no GUI required for it, the lines are made by printing out ASCII char's (not the primitive one's I've had to do here).

The green color could be any DOS color you like, and the X's would be replaced with ASCII char 185, 186, or 187, which is a full cursor char, with light texture on it.

Back in the DOS days, this was good looking stuff, and Windows still uses a bit of it, today, because it does look quite good.

I thought about using a GUI. I need to create an application like the Windows Edit. With menu and status bar.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.