Darrenr 0 Newbie Poster

Hi All,

I have a minor annoyance with my home network. I am running two computers, both with Windows XP Pro SP2. These are networked through my netgear router which acts as my ADSL router and DHCP server. This is a workgroup set up, not a domain.

I have shared files on both computers. My main computer can be accessed by the seondary pc but not vise versa. When accessing the secondary pc from my main pc it asks for authentication. The simple answer would be to create a user specifically for the log in, but I know this is not required and I would like to remove this login request. I have been through the forums here but have not found anything that helps me solve the problem. I am not using the same user names, IP adds are fine, I have checked that there are no policies that are conflicting here as well. I am using a firewall but I have configured this for file sharing, and in desperation I did disabled it to see if that helped, but to no avail. I have also checked to see that I am not running two firewalls, ie, the av firewall and windows firewall. But the windows firewall is disabled. I seem to recall that I used to setup user access specifically for file sharing and limiting the number of concurrent connections while I was at varsity 4 years ago but I have not done this for a while and I am a bit rusty. (Secondary PC is a fresh windows XP pro SP2 installation)

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks