darkXmatt 0 Newbie Poster

I've been using an Intel X25-M Solid State Drive for the past 6 months with out any problems. Last week, it suddenly became unreadable, I've tried formatting it with windows, and at 100% an error message pops up saying that it had failed. The drive CAN be recognized, but cannot be partitioned/formatted/read.

I've been running Mac OSX 10.5.6 on it very smoothly, until i did a hard shutdown on it last week (due to lag problems).
Drive info from Disk Utility (mac):
[img]http://itiz.in/75sa[/img]

I've tried using the 'Zero Out Data' option to erase my drive in Disk Utility, it worked once, but after another week, the exact same thing happened again.

This time i can't even use the 'Zero Out Data' option, as it fails to run saying that "Disk Erase Failed: Disk erase failed with this error: No such file or directory'.

I've read up about the new firmware updates from Intel to fix the fragmentation problems of their SSD, but i have failed to upgrade, probably because my drive is corrupted/unpartitioned/dead. :/

I've been trying to fix it for the past few days, no luck.
Second time seeking help here, i hope you guys can help me out once again!

Thanks.
~dXm

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.