hii
till yesterday i couldn't open any antivirus sites on my system..
then i came across this post
http://www.geekstogo.com/forum/cannot-open...So-t228197.html

i followed the steps and ran dr web scanner..
it found a few items and either quarantined them or deleted them..
after that i was able to open the sites.

but today i can't open sites for ticket booking and movies...
though i can open them when i use a proxy...

Also i ran combo-fix.exe today as said in the post i mentioned...
after that also i couldn't open the site
though i can see the hidden files on my system now ( which was also disabled since long, i couldn't see them after changing the option from folder options )

can some one help me out to resolve this....

Also, dr web detects combo-fix.exe as a batch virus ?!! why is that ?
thanks...

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

It is not a good idea to post the same problem at two forums. You began at geeks to go you should continue there. A word of warning however, one should NEVER run Combofix without FIRST being DIRECTED TO DO SO by a helper. You have not been directed to do so here OR at geeks to go. Just because you find a thread at a forum with similar problems does NOT mean the cause is the
same.
This information from the Combofix Tutorial says it ALL

ComboFix is intended by its creator to be "used under the guidance and supervision of an expert", NOT for private use. You should not run ComboFix unless you are specifically asked to by a helper. Also, due to the power of this tool it is strongly advised that you do not attempt to act upon any of the information displayed by ComboFix without supervision from someone who has been properly trained. If you do so, it may lead to problems with the normal functionality of your computer.

You have posted NO logs HERE or THERE. Since you posted there first I suggest you continue there.

okay..............
i'll wait for a reply there...
thanks..

i haven't got any help from there...........
so may be you could help me out....

Please complete the steps given here, with the exception of the Deckard Scanner. Substitute instead HiJackThis.

Post the MBA-M log, the HJT log, and also that combofix log that you said you ran previously.
Do NOTHING else but what you are advised to do here on this forum from now on until complete.

hii...
thanks for your reply...........
i am going out for a couple of days with no access to the internet...
i'll do this when i am back...
thanks...

PS: i'll surely continue here.... :)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.