I have personally heard so many stories of people saying they will quit Facebook - mostly for time or professional reasons - but at the same time, there are also many others who join Facebook every day. Thus, as an online marketer, are you worried or concerned about Facebook quitters and not being able to reach your target segmentation?

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

I have personally heard so many stories of people saying they will quit Facebook - mostly for time or professional reasons - but at the same time, there are also many others who join Facebook every day. Thus, as an online marketer, are you worried or concerned about Facebook quitters and not being able to reach your target segmentation?

I think that if you offer a compelling reason to stay the potential quitters will stick around longer but the reality is that for business purposes, Facebook has pretty much become and ongoing virtual trade show. Some stay, some leave, some return.

It's true: some stay, some leave, some return. Also, its interesting to mention that though the early adopter or late adopters will leave, there could also be an influx of the late laggards joining Facebook and Twitter which changes the consumer mix of these online communities.

It's true: some stay, some leave, some return. Also, its interesting to mention that though the early adopter or late adopters will leave, there could also be an influx of the late laggards joining Facebook and Twitter which changes the consumer mix of these online communities.

Agreed. The early adopters are usually the tech geeks who need to be on the bleeding edge and the late adopters are mostly joiners who do so out of some sort of slacker peer pressure.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.