hello guys!
need help with this..
I have 2 SATA Hard disk.. Seagate 160GB (C:) & 500GB (D:)
all of a sudden when i open my pc.. an error message popped up in the BIOS.
"Reboot and Select proper boot device or insert boot media in selected boot device and press a key"....
im very clueless of what happened so i started checking the data and power cables of both HDD. run it again but same thing happened. I tried everything i can.. switched the cables.. switched anything that i can switch.. i even put the data cable of C: into SATA 2 slot and D: into SATA 1 slot.. wheww.. but same error happened..
but when i unplugged the 500GB (D:) my pc starts running! my pc cant detect my back-up drive (D:).. im a 3d artist and i saved all my years of work on that drive. its like a heartbreak if i cant recover those files. Can anyone tell me what happened? Pls. help me...
any suggestions, tips or advices are well appreciated..

im running
Motherboard: ASUS P5KPL-AM SE (FSB 1600 OC)(DDR2 1066 OC)
Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo Processor E7500 @ 2.93GHz
Graphics: ATI Radeon X1650 Series Video Card
3GB RAM

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Make sure the C drive is selected as first in the boot order in the BIOS.
Does the D drive power up when the computer is turned on? You probably need to take off the cover so you can hear it properly. Touching the outside of the drive case may be sufficient.
It sounds as though this drive has failed, and your work may be lost unless you have big bucks for data recovery.
There are many ways to back up data, and you may have learned the hard way that one copy is not sufficient.

Yeah your right..
just went to the store where i bought it..
and told me that they can no longer detect my HD.
but my HD is still running.. they told me that MAYBE some parts of my HD like the data and power cannot run no more..
they just advice me that they will replace it because its still under the warranty of Seagate..
but for the data recovery issue.. they cannot help me with that..
well.. like you said.. its really hard to accept.. but no regrets.. just lessons learned.. next time i will back-up my back-up drive.. LOL
thanks for the advice! appreciate it..

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.