Is anyone having this problem? I have a Toshiba Laptop and Vista is the O/S. I use it for home. I have a Realtek wireless network adapter. Linksys is the router. I am having trouble connecting to the internet. It was working fine for 5 months and then a couple of weeks ago no internet connection at all. On the wireless network adapter properties, IPv4 is local and the IPv6 is limited. I tried pinging the IP address and the computer said invalid IP address. Question is where does the IP address go? On the IPv4 or IPv6 configuration for the wireless network adapter? What should my LAN configurations be? It also has IPv4 and IPv6 configurations but I have it set to autoconfig. I also tried disabling the wireless network and enabling it again. I tried ipconfig/release and ipconfig/renew and that doesn't seem to do anything. I also disabled the microsoft windows firewall. I am at my wits end.

Please help me.

Thank you :(

This happened to me. Working OK then “Access: Local only”
This solved it for me. The network properties needed resetting. Make sure Network Discovery is turned on in Network & Sharing Centre. Under Tasks on Network & Sharing Centre select “Manage Network Connections” then right mouse click the network you want to connect with and select Properties. Ensure Client for Microsoft Network is included in “This Connection Uses the Following Items”, if not add using Install. Then select TCP/IPv6 & click properties and set Obtain IPv6 & DNS addresses automatically. Do the same for TCP/Ipv4. Hope this works for you.

Is anyone having this problem? I have a Toshiba Laptop and Vista is the O/S. I use it for home. I have a Realtek wireless network adapter. Linksys is the router. I am having trouble connecting to the internet. It was working fine for 5 months and then a couple of weeks ago no internet connection at all. On the wireless network adapter properties, IPv4 is local and the IPv6 is limited. I tried pinging the IP address and the computer said invalid IP address. Question is where does the IP address go? On the IPv4 or IPv6 configuration for the wireless network adapter? What should my LAN configurations be? It also has IPv4 and IPv6 configurations but I have it set to autoconfig. I also tried disabling the wireless network and enabling it again. I tried ipconfig/release and ipconfig/renew and that doesn't seem to do anything. I also disabled the microsoft windows firewall. I am at my wits end.

Please help me.

what i did with that problem is that i checked the router first and cleared its logs updated the firmware, and check the settings and updated the settings in my laptop. first thing i did is deleted all connections and reconnected again 2nd thing is i deleted the list of connection and left one for my home connection, anf it worked.

hope this helps.. keep us posted

Please help me.

In tech support we see this and root cause for several has been expired Norton 360 - if yours is expired uninstall it completely.

Lots of other possible fixes if you goggle the issue..other possible fixes are:

The need to remove the wireless connection and recreate it manually

Disabling IPv6

Disabling the UAC control in Security Center of control panel

Check Internet Options, Connection, LAN Settings and make sure Automatically Detect Settings is checked, it seems it is not checked by default in Vista.

Changing router channel from 6 to another one (ie 11 or 13)

Good Luck...and upgrade to Win 7 if you can...

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.