oper syst:win xp media edition

Hi
I will be greatful if someone solve my problem
Some times when I am using Internet I open my windows task manager.
In here there are five tabs Applications, processes,performance,networking and Users.

I have the problem concerning users area.
Here are five items users,id,status and clientname.
What I want to ask is that sometimes under client name heading i find word "console" written. Other times the area under that heading is empty.
(user: myname is written, id:0,status:active, client name:" " or console).

Q:does the word "console" means someone someone else is illegaly accessing my computer or is it something else. i was worried because I dont use firewall(it slows my net speed) so i thought someone is illegaly accessing my pc
there are times when the space under heading client name is empty ie word "console" is not written there.

Thanks

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

Can you take a screen shot fo what your looking at for me?

Also running a system with no firewall is like loeaving your front door open while your on vacation...

Not advised at all.

Hi
I want to say that in the last message I said the word "console" appears under my client name heading. I have looked in matter again and found that word "console" appears under session heading of user tab area.
I am attatching jpg. You can tell if it is normal to see "console" under session tab.

SO long as your username is awais then yes that is normal operation.

Thank you very much for helping me

Anytime.. Glad I could be of assistance

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.