i have 2 asp pages, one is an index that when you click the submit button, a pop-up window will appear. this popup window is an ASP Page that connects to a database.. how can i make this a pop-window? any help would be gratly be appreciated.. thanks

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

window.open("Sample.htm","title", "height=200,width=400,status=yes,toolbar=no")

If your page cannot be displayed it may be a problem with your page specifically and not the function you try and use to open it. A page cannot be opened error? Can you navigate to the page directly?

yup.. in facct, im just using the action="URL.asp" so that i can view my window.. do you have a yahoo messenger.. coz i really need someone to help me with ithis prob.

no, i don't have a messenger.

the mechanism you are using is very different to what I described. can you post any code? actually perhaps more important is the directory structure of your project (in relation to your code).

this is my main.asp

<meta HTTP-EQUIV="Refresh" CONTENT="50; URL=http://localhost/proj/balor.asp">
<script type="text/javascript" language="JavaScript">
function display()
{
    window.open('ticker.asp','ticker','toolbar=no,menubar=no,location=no,resizable=no,status=no,width=850,height=10,scrollbars=no,scroll=no')
}
</script>
</head>
<BODY bgColor="#5386BD">

<FORM name="balor" method="post" action="ticker.asp" target="_blank" >
Category <SELECT id="category" name="category"> 
     <OPTION value="Announcement">Announcement</OPTION>
     <OPTION value="News">Breaking News</OPTION>
</SELECT> 
<INPUT type="submit" value="Display" id="display" name="display"> 
</FORM>

this is the one
main.asp

function display()
{
window.open('ticker.asp','ticker','toolbar=no,menubar=no,location=no,resizable=no,status=no,width=850,height=10,scrollbars=no,scroll=no')
}
</script>
</head>
<BODY bgColor="#5386BD">
<center>
<FORM name="balor" method="post" >
Category <SELECT id="category" name="category"> 
 <OPTION value="Announcement">Announcement</OPTION>
 <OPTION value="News">Breaking News</OPTION>
</SELECT> 
<INPUT type="submit" value="Display" id="display" name="display" onclick="display();"> 
</FORM>
Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.