hi all
I have a asp application that have .dbf(foxpro) database
i just want to fetch only non deleted records so how i do that, is ther any solution , if yes than let me know thanks

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Not so familiar with foxpro myself but I would assume that if you have the ability to read deleted and non-deleted table entries there must be a bool value somewhere that is associated with the deleted state?

In that case, would it not be possible just to use the equivalent of "WHERE !isDeleted" or whatever the equivalent format in that DB type would be?

From what I'm reading here you should be only receiving deleted rows if you've got "Set Deleted Off" command as part of your connection to the foxpro db in the first place.

Hope this helps :) Please remember to mark as solved once your issue is resolved.

Thanks for look at my question ,Lusiphur
But can u give me just small code example tthat how to place delete criteria in code, because of this problem my application is not used on client side , i hope u understand thanks again

Well, as I said, I don't know foxpro, which is why I included a link to a resource I found related to foxpro.

Sorry I can't be more help but I was more or less being speculative based on a general knowledge of DBs since I don't know the specific workings of the DB you're using.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.