Hi,
How add Crystal Report Version 11 in VB6. At present I have been using Crystal Ver 8. I need to upgrade to Crystal Ver 8.5 or above to implement exporting rpt's to pdf. Now, I have installed CRystal report 11 Developer edition in my system and from VB i am not able to add Crystal Report control of version 11. Can anyone pls help.

thanks,
priya

Recommended Answers

All 30 Replies

Hi,
How add Crystal Report Version 11 in VB6. At present I have been using Crystal Ver 8. I need to upgrade to Crystal Ver 8.5 or above to implement exporting rpt's to pdf. Now, I have installed CRystal report 11 Developer edition in my system and from VB i am not able to add Crystal Report control of version 11. Can anyone pls help.

thanks,
priya

Hi Priya,

I'm also having a simlar problem - using RDC in VB6 with CR8.5 was a breeze - but not so in CR11 - I simply can't get any Designers for CR11 in the VB6 environment..I wonder how it is possible...?

I've read the Technical PDF that comes with CR11 but that too goes on saying all is possible using RDC and CR11 etc etc - but exactly how..I'm baffled - did you manage to get it done ? Please let me know how. Will aprreciate your help verty much :)

Thanks.

Sailesh.

hi,

i have same problem. if u got a solution for that pls let me know

Thanks

Rajesh

hi,

i have same problem. if u got a solution for that pls let me know

Thanks

Rajesh

Hi Rajesh,

Yes, I finally got the solution - actually during installation of CR11, I was using a registraion Key that was only for CR11 and not for Developer. After unistalling entrire CR11 and re-installong agagin (with Developer Key), well....things couldn't be better. Simply start VB6 IDE and things behave just as they were in the CR8.5 days.

Regards,
Sailesh

Hi,

Sailesh thanks for replying. That is one of the specific reason.

And these for Priya also..........

In CR XI you have Developer version only will allow you to deploy with VB.

And in VB you have to follow these steps to run CRXI reports in VB

1. In VB project properties go to Designer tab and select Crystal Reports 11 and in Controls tab select Crystal ActiveX Report Viewer Liberary 11.0

2. You will get one more tool box in tools window called Crystal Reports

3. and write the code like this in the form load (or which event you want)
Dim Report as New CrystalReport1

CrystalActiveXReportViewer.ReportSource = Report.Application.OpenReport( Give Report Path )

CrystalActiveXReportViewer.ViewReport

4. Run the Application.

Let me know if any queries.........................:cool:

Rajesh, can you please send all references related to this code since I'm unable to declare CrystalReport1.

Thx

Hi,

You can declare Crystal Report1 when you drag and drop crystal report viewer in ur form and name it as Crystalreport1.

if u have any quries realted to this let me know......

Thanks
Rajesh
99400 34579

Hi,

Sailesh thanks for replying. That is one of the specific reason.

And these for Priya also..........

In CR XI you have Developer version only will allow you to deploy with VB.

And in VB you have to follow these steps to run CRXI reports in VB

1. In VB project properties go to Designer tab and select Crystal Reports 11 and in Controls tab select Crystal ActiveX Report Viewer Liberary 11.0

2. You will get one more tool box in tools window called Crystal Reports

3. and write the code like this in the form load (or which event you want)
Dim Report as New CrystalReport1

CrystalActiveXReportViewer.ReportSource = Report.Application.OpenReport( Give Report Path )

CrystalActiveXReportViewer.ViewReport

4. Run the Application.

Let me know if any queries.........................:cool:

hi,
i couldn't find Crystal ActiveX Report Viewer Liberary 11.0 in vb6 reference, can you give me the craxdrt.dll and craxddrt.dll version 11.0.

If you haven't gotten past this issue, I can sympathize with you. It took me many hours as well. The answer is actually in BizObjects Knowledgebase, but it isn't so obvious what to look for. Query their KB for "OCX RDC" and find the technical paper "Migrating from the OCX Control to the Crystal Reports 9 Report Designer Component (RDC)". The RDC is essentially unchanged from versions 9 thru version 11, which is what throws many off. Get the document and read around page 17 for sample code. I have all my reports pointing to a named data source or DSN. Your VB program must also step through and assign the DSN to each table in the report. See sample code on page 44 of the document.

If you have any more grief with it, make a post. I can post code samples if need be.
Once you look at the code needed, a lot of things make sense, but it's all in that one document anyway.

Hi all,

Just a quick question - crystal report professional cann't be called from VB ?

What are these different keys ? can u please provide more info on this ?

thanks

No one said you can't call Crystal from VB, there is just a lot of confusion on how exactly to call CRv11 from VB6.

I don't know what you question is regarding "keys". Elaborate if you have a question.

I have "professional" edition ? and i read on vendor site that only developer edition can do application integration...does it make any sense ?

when i said about keys - it means developer key or general key - a reply mentioned in the Sailesh's reply...

Hi Rajesh,

Yes, I finally got the solution - actually during installation of CR11, I was using a registraion Key that was only for CR11 and not for Developer. After unistalling entrire CR11 and re-installong agagin (with Developer Key), well....things couldn't be better. Simply start VB6 IDE and things behave just as they were in the CR8.5 days.

Regards,
Sailesh

Hi,
I couldn't find Crystal ActiveX Report Viewer Liberary 11.0 in vb6 reference, can u plz send me details.
I m having .dsr reports which was created in Crystal report 8,i want to open/modify in crystal report 11.
Can anyone plz tell me what is the latest version is avalible now for crystal report.
plz reply me asap.

kalpana

Hi,

You can declare Crystal Report1 when you drag and drop crystal report viewer in ur form and name it as Crystalreport1.

if u have any quries realted to this let me know......

Thanks
Rajesh
99400 34579

Hi.
Can you please give me a copy of the developer key that you use...Please .....maybe it works to my installer of cr 11.
I really need the developer key becoz I keep looking on the different sites and i found nothing... I only found the registration key..
Thnks..

if i have installed CR 11 which serial key is on the CD, can it be categorized as developer key?
Thx for the help, and it would be very helpful for me if the answer is sent to my email on han_li3m@yahoo.com.sg
Thx a lot. God Bless Us.

may i know ur email plz?
thx a lot for u Rajesh .. :-)

if i have installed CR 11 which serial key is on the CD, can it be categorized as developer key?
Thx for the help, and it would be very helpful for me if the answer is sent to my email on han_li3m@yahoo.com.sg
Thx a lot. God Bless Us.

You need to purchase the Developer Edition.

hello rajesh,
can you please give me a copy of developer key, it would be very helpful to me.
thanks regards

Good God! Did you realize that you're replying to a thread posted by the OP in Feb 2006? It is a general practice to do so over here only if you've got significant amount and quality of content to add to the one already there in the thread.

Better PM the OP if you want any help from him.

hi, Sailesh
i would be very gratefule if you can help me with the CRXI developer key coz i can't affrod it anymore. have finish my vb apllication remain the deployment i am stack for 6months can't get the key.
yahayya2000@gmail.com
yahayya2000@yahoo.com
Regards.
kumar.

hi, Sailesh
i would be very gratefule if you can help me with the CRXI developer key coz i can't affrod it anymore. have finish my vb apllication remain the deployment i am stack for 6months can't get the key.
yahayya2000@gmail.com
Regards.
kumar.

hi, Sailesh
yahayya2000@gmail.com
Regards.
kumar.

As a Developer, I would think you would understand the value of one's work and not be here blatantly asking to voilate copyrighted software. Shame on you!

As a Developer, I would think you would understand the value of one's work and not be here blatantly asking to voilate copyrighted software.

i mean the 30day trial key to test not permanent i dont have the bandwidth to download the trial version is 1.03 Gb. i just need 30 trial key to test with before starting.i already purchase crystal report10professional can it be used to deploy? if yes i have a copy. i just want to be sure be fore i invest on it.
regards.
kumar.

Yeah right. You don't need anyone's help here to get a trial key.
You can ask the vendor who will gladly give it for a legitimate trial user.

I just want to share this because this works for me...

Private Sub Form_Load()
Dim report As New CRAXDDRT.report
Dim sql As String
Dim crapp As New CRAXDDRT.Application
Dim tbl As CRAXDDRT.DatabaseTable

'I modified the query for the report by specifying the WHERE clause
sql = "SELECT....WHERE..."

With crapp
  'I already set the username,password,server parameters in the DSN itself...
  .LogOnServer "crdb_odbc.dll", "SampleDSN"
  Set report = .OpenReport(App.Path & "\Report1.rpt")
  report.Database.LogOnServer "crdb_odbc.dll", "SampleDSN"
  report.SQLQueryString = sql
End With

With CRViewer1
  .Refresh
  .ReportSource = report
  .ViewReport
End With
End Sub

Private Sub Form_resize()
CRViewer1.Top = 0
CRViewer1.Left = 0
CRViewer1.Height = ScaleHeight
CRViewer1.Width = ScaleWidth
End Sub

Please do not resurrect old threads. If you have any questions please ask. .... You are welcome to start your own threads.

Thread Closed.

Im in hurry guys, below issue has been solved let me know if you want me to post. contact <<EMAIL SNIPPED>>

Rajesh, can you please send all references related to this code since I'm unable to declare CrystalReport1.

Thx

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.