Can anyone help?

I have over 1000 files with the nco extension and I would like to convert them back to jpeg. Using Nero 7 and winzip both programs only let me convert one at a time. I would appreciate if anyone knows where I'm going wrong or if it can actually be done.

Many thanks

Jason

Jason, I have a similar problem and received this reply from Nero, which might be od assistance to you. Good Luck!

If you face problems during the restore of a file backup created with Nero BackItUp, you can try to restore the backup using the command line.
To open the command line window, please go to the Start Menu -> Run, enter "CMD" and confirm
Then type in the following lines. Click "Return" after each line
C: <return>
cd "\program files\Nero\Nero 7\Nero Backitup" <return>
Then start BackItUp with the following parameters:
Backitup.exe /NEW:Restore /PATHLIST:"your_folder_1;your_folder_2; ...;" <return>
BackItUp will open the usual interface and you should be able to click on the folder structure in the window on the left side. Select the folders to be restored.
Now click on "Start Restore" and continue.
If you should find yourself back on the original path after an error message during the restore process, choose a different path instead of the original one.
Now the files should start to restore.
Please note:
Use of upper or lower case is unimportant here. But it is important to adhere to the spaces.
Each folder name has to be closed with a semicolon. The quotation marks around the folder list need to be always set.
Under Pathlist, enter the drive letter and the folder in which the backup is located.
Example: The complete backup is located in folder "My Backup" on the uppermost level of a DVD, which is located in drive "E:". In that case, enter "E:\My Backup;" as a folder name.
It is sufficient to simply enter the first letter or first number of the folder and to replace the remaining characters with "*".
Example: /PATHLIST:"E:\2*;"
This specification will find all folders that begin with "2", e.g. 20050508_xxxxx, 20050509_xxxxx, 20050510_xxxxx
It is not possible to specify only a single drive letter.
Example: /PATHLIST:"E:\;" wouldn't find anything
Should you have any other request, please don't hesitate to contact us again.
Best regards
Dan Liedtke
Nero Technical Support
Nero AG
Im Stoeckmaedle 18
76307 Karlsbad
Germany
Fax : ++49 (0)7248 928 499
http://www.nero.com

Can anyone help?

I have over 1000 files with the nco extension and I would like to convert them back to jpeg. Using Nero 7 and winzip both programs only let me convert one at a time. I would appreciate if anyone knows where I'm going wrong or if it can actually be done.

Many thanks

I am having the same problem let me know if you find out how....Thanks Gator

Hi,
I am in the same situation, 1000+ files saved on CD and they are all saved as .nco. I have downloaded nero (trial) and have tried to restore - works perfectly one at a time but why can't I select a folder and just restore them all - this must be possible, anything else is madness. The ideas above do not work, please someone who knows how to batch convert these through nero or something else let me know as it is driving me crazy not being able to get my old photos back and I need to do it before the trial runs out in a few days. Any help much appreciated,
thanks

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.