tsmartin 0 Newbie Poster

Hi, I am new to the forum and hope that this will be a great place to give and take ideas, suggestions when it comes to tech stuff. :cheesy: I currently have a problem that I need help with. I am a Windows gal and am currently working on my Master's degree in Instructional Technology. I have an assignment that I need to finish but am having trouble with the embedded video. I am using Dreamweaver 8 (newbie to that as well, even though have used FrontPage please for some time..no boos or hisses) My problem: the steps seem simple to embed the video. Have done those steps and the player shows up on the screen but no video. The file for the video is wmv and opens, of course, with Windows Media Player. I had worked on this assignment a few weeks ago (thought I was going to get it in EARLY;)) using media player version 9.0. I think I had to tweak something in the media player in that version and the video played. However, just received a new laptop from work that has version 10 (as does my desktop at home) and I can't remember what I did. Even though I tweaked something in version 9 doesn't necessarily mean that it worked because I did that. ;) Anyhow, could it be how my folders are set up? Should I have all html files in one folder and images, audio, and video in another OR is it in Windows Media Player, OR is it just the operator???:o Hope someone can help. I have a deadline for the end of this week.
Thanks to any and all who can make suggestions for me to try.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.