My Question is

1. Can Macromedia Flash MX *.swf file or animation created in Flash MX publish in ASP.Net page, i know HTML is able to do so BUT is ASP.Net able to?
2. If it is, is there any online tutorial for me to learn?

Thank You.

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

ASP.NET produces HTML. So, the standard HTML techniques will work just fine.

i know HTML is able to do so BUT is ASP.Net able to

Well what is flash object then HTML? It uses object or embed tags which are standard HTML tags. :)

I don't understand your question. A Flash object is a Flash object. It requires the Flash plugin to play. To integrate it into your page, you need to use either the embed or object tag, depending on your doctype.

ASP.NET doesn't alter that. ASP.NET is a server-side language for producing HTML dynamically.

If I haven't answered your question, please try again with more detail.

I'm confused. I created a Flash Basic 8 movie with swf and html files. I understand the html has embed and object tags, but I don't know how to incorporate this into my asp.net html page.

Even opening the raw Flash html page, I see squiggly lines under parts of the embed tag and the object tag, so these tags are invalid even in the native Flash html, let alone my asp.net web page. When I try to look at the design mode of the Flash html, all I see is a black screen, not my animation. The result is no better in my asp.net page.

So, how do you "embed" the flash html (or swf) into my asp.net html?

By the way, I don't want an animated picture on my web site, I want an animated background.

Thanks!
Larry

I'm confused. I created a Flash Basic 8 movie with swf and html files. I understand the html has embed and object tags, but I don't know how to incorporate this into my asp.net html page.

Even opening the raw Flash html page, I see squiggly lines under parts of the embed tag and the object tag, so these tags are invalid even in the native Flash html, let alone my asp.net web page. When I try to look at the design mode of the Flash html, all I see is a black screen, not my animation. The result is no better in my asp.net page.

So, how do you "embed" the flash html (or swf) into my asp.net html?

By the way, I don't want an animated picture on my web site, I want an animated background.

Thanks!
Larry

hii!

i am using a free flash control for my ASP.NET pages! its free. you can download it from here:
http://www.flash-control.net/

regards,

Ammar.
:lol:

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.