i use a Button on tool strip menu any one can help me to write a code(function) so when i click it i get what i want
i dont want to use the mouse

Recommended Answers

All 22 Replies

Member Avatar for Dukane

I don't understand your problem. How can you click on something in a toolbar without using the mouse?

commented: too right, the questions here get sillier by the day! +9

i will press the Enter instead of press mouse click

Or if it's a form you can use tabindex/tabstop.

Member Avatar for iamthwee

What do ya mean if it's a form? What else could it possibly be? Please explain?

how can i use a tabindex/tabStop ???
is there a function (Code) i can use it inside the button??????

Straight From MSDN :-

Control.TabIndex -

Gets or sets the tab order of the control within its container. Namespace: System.Windows.Forms

Control.TabStop - Gets or sets a value indicating whether the user can give the focus to this control using the TAB key.
Namespace: System.Windows.Forms

For a control to be included in the tab order, its TabStop property must be set to true

Try Google "TabIndex" !!!!

i cant use tabindex cuase i used it for a text box , i must use a function (code) so if any one can help me !!!!!!!

You'll Have To Excuse Me For Being Dense.

What Do You Mean - You Can't Use TabIndex Because You Used It For A TextBox ? Did You Not Read The Last Post ?

What Programming Environment Are You Working With ?

Web Stuff (.NET), Desktop Applications (VB6) ?

Is It That You Can Use A Mouse, But You Don't Want To ?

The Standard Way(s) To Do What You Want (Via The Keyboard) Is To Use ShortCuts (Ctrl-X, Alt-F4 etc) Or Use The Tab Key To Navigate To (Give Focus To) The Control In Question, And Use The <Enter> Key To Execute The Click Event.

If You're Convinced That You Can't Use These Methods, Then You'll Have To Explain Your Problem More Fully.

i cant use tabindex cause i dont want to focus on the button cause i ready set focus on the text box so i need a function that i use in a button in the tool strip

OK, So I Assume You Have Something Like The Following (Using Visual Basic Terminology)

Sub TabMenu_Click (Parameter List)
{
    Something That Tells You Which Button Has Been Clicked/Actioned - Then A Case/Switch Statement To Allow You To Call Code Specific To The Button
    Select Case ButtonIndex
    Case 0
    Case 1
        Button Code
    etc
    End Select
}

sub TextBox_KeyPressed (ParameterList)
{
    Some Code To Validate Data Entry
    Some Code To Check If <Enter> Has Been Pressed

When <Enter> Is Pressed & The Data Entry Is Valid, Then Call The Button Code
}

Is THAT What You Mean ?

that wat i want but i need the all code plz

commented: Type clearly. -2

:D im really sorry but i can't stop laughing after reading the post. Don't know why? because im mad i guess.

what code do you want? what kind of application are you developing? The rule of this website We don't do your homework. Post in your code and we wil help you to solve if you get bugs in it

Hmmmmmm

I Know I'm New To DaniWeb, But I'm Afraid I Agree. I've Been Rather Suprised @ The Number Of Replies I've Sent Introducing People To Google !!!!

Is It Them Being Bone Idle......Or Me Beeing Too Stroppy ?

commented: Didn't realise you were a newbie. Welcome :) +2

:D im really sorry but i can't stop laughing after reading the post. Don't know why? because im mad i guess.

what code do you want? what kind of application are you developing? The rule of this website We don't do your homework. Post in your code and we wil help you to solve if you get bugs in it

you are so sweet huny you dont imagine how sweet are you , am not doing a homework am working of very huge system company and all i need is a function so if you dont know dont let your self thinking that you are know and dont want to write it cause the rules of this website , every time i post a problem you dont reply cause you dont know so dealing with people like a professionals like every one in this site do ,except you are not and thats what i think
we are not in a chat room to send me msg like that so dont do it again
thanx for any person tried to help me and i think i dont need help any more and if any one like to know how i solved it just post a msg

you are so sweet huny you dont imagine how sweet are you , am not doing a homework am working of very huge system company and all i need is a function so if you dont know dont let your self thinking that you are know and dont want to write it cause the rules of this website , every time i post a problem you dont reply cause you dont know so dealing with people like a professionals like every one in this site do ,except you are not and thats what i think
we are not in a chat room to send me msg like that so dont do it again
thanx for any person tried to help me and i think i dont need help any more and if any one like to know how i solved it just post a msg

First of all

Homework - The work that is been assigned to you by your company or by your school.

i need is a function so if you dont know dont let your self thinking that you are know and dont want to write it cause the rules of this website , every time i post a problem you dont reply cause you dont know so dealing with people like a professionals like every one in this site do

well i don't know whether im trying to be professional or helpful.. but you sure are not understanding what the problem is here.
You should post in your code so that we can help you out or you should try to explain your problem more clearly with an example. You don't do neither of this and you say that we are not being professional of helping you out. Sorry if i was rude but the looks of it you still didn't understand the rules of this web. You blindly told us to give us the code. That is how a professional works?

Sorry honey i guess your too dumb to work in your HUGE SYSTEM COMPANY.

commented: Inappropriate name calling -2

I came to this thread by way of google. I was trying to find out why I have no Tab Stop property for a toolstrip button that was created by dragging a dataset on to a form. Two textboxes were also created with the button as there are two parameters in the stored procedure I am using to get the data to the datagridview. The textboxes are able to receive tabstops but the button is not I am just wondering .....WHY?

Oh and BTW this was the craziest thread I have ever read. If one is trying to get info from individuals who speak a certain language one should try and use the language including the grammar.....

Y'All have a nice day

you may have to learn english, then take your time to ask what it is you really want - then someone might spend thier time to help you ya freakin tard.

commented: why even bother posting in a thread thats 4 months old? -1
protected override bool ProcessCmdKey(ref Message msg, Keys keyData) 
        { 
            switch (keyData) 
            { 
                case (Keys.F2): 
                { 
                    toolStripButton1.PerformClick(); 
                    break; 
                }
            }
            return base.ProcessCmdKey(ref msg, keyData); 
        }

I don't understand your problem. How can you click on something in a toolbar without using the mouse?

There are 3 buttons in all winforms. Add, Edit, Delete.

These buttons will use for the all Win form.

that's why i choose the toolstrip.
but i can not use for all the Winform.

I use visual studio 2008,2010.

Deleted This Reply

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.