I tried to restart my computer in OS 9. It won't restart, all I get is a folder icon with a flashing question mark. I restarted and held down "X" hoping to just skip it and go back into Jaguar, but that didn't work either. Now I'm stuck in an unbootable version of OS 9. So far I've tried:
Restarting and holding-
X
Option
Shift
Cmd-Opt-P-R (to reset the PRAM)

and I've tried disk doctor on both the OS 9 install disk, and Norton. I'm beginning to lose it. Any help?

I tried to restart my computer in OS 9. It won't restart, all I get is a folder icon with a flashing question mark. I restarted and held down "X" hoping to just skip it and go back into Jaguar, but that didn't work either. Now I'm stuck in an unbootable version of OS 9. So far I've tried:
Restarting and holding-
X
Option
Shift
Cmd-Opt-P-R (to reset the PRAM)

and I've tried disk doctor on both the OS 9 install disk, and Norton. I'm beginning to lose it. Any help?

if you have the OSX or OS9 instal disk, put this in the drive, hold down C to boot from CD,

you can then once booted go to control panels, and startup disk, choose the OSX volume and reboot, it should then boot to osx

if you have the OSX or OS9 instal disk, put this in the drive, hold down C to boot from CD,

you can then once booted go to control panels, and startup disk, choose the OSX volume and reboot, it should then boot to osx

I tried that and it didn't work. I wasn't unable to change the boot OS from within either install CD. I ended up using my Norton System Works CD, and was able to change back to OS X from Disk Doctor. Thanks for your help.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.