Some details of my machine and installed packages before proceeding further:

Mac OSX version: 10.6.6
Python version: Activestate Python 2.7.1
wxpython version: wxpython 2.8 (uses Carbon API hence limited to 32-bit mode arch only)

I installed wxPython2.8-osx-unicode-py2.7 from wxpython website using their .dmg installer file. This package uses the Carbon API and hence is limited to 32-bit mode only. I have to write my applications using "arch -i386" in order to import wx, and due to this limitation I am unable to import certain other packages likes "MySQLdb" which are not available in 32-bit mode. So, my best option is to uninstall wxpython 2.8 and install wxpython 2.9 because version 2.9 uses Cocoa API which has both 32-bit and 64-bit support.

I don't know how to uninstall wxpython2.8 on my Mac OSX. Can anyone please help me?

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

You can have a few choices. First you can just delete the file securely so it does not leave any traces on your macbook. Second you can use a software to uninstall it. Try Appzapper or Appcleaner, they can uninstall app. I never use before wxpython2.8, so i am not sure whether it had a uninstall function in the app itself. If yes use that

Some details of my machine and installed packages before proceeding further:

Mac OSX version: 10.6.6
Python version: Activestate Python 2.7.1
wxpython version: wxpython 2.8 (uses Carbon API hence limited to 32-bit mode arch only)

I installed wxPython2.8-osx-unicode-py2.7 from wxpython website using their .dmg installer file. This package uses the Carbon API and hence is limited to 32-bit mode only. I have to write my applications using "arch -i386" in order to import wx, and due to this limitation I am unable to import certain other packages likes "MySQLdb" which are not available in 32-bit mode. So, my best option is to uninstall wxpython 2.8 and install wxpython 2.9 because version 2.9 uses Cocoa API which has both 32-bit and 64-bit support.

I don't know how to uninstall wxpython2.8 on my Mac OSX. Can anyone please help me?

I see from another forum that you got your answer. Good for you. Hard to find answers to deeper OSX tech issues here as of late.

I see from another forum that you got your answer. Good for you. Hard to find answers to deeper OSX tech issues here as of late.

Since the poster have already got help on another forum, i see no point in your post above. If you have something good to contribute then contribute if not don't post. " . Hard to find answers to deeper OSX tech issues here as of late. " And what do you mean by that, that is not consider a deeper OSX tech issues, are you experience with mac? I am here everyday on daniweb, what is so hard getting help here when i visit the mac osx forum daily. Danarchy, i thought you were a mac osx expert , by saying it is hard to find help. Are you humbling yourself too much or showing that you are the best mac helper here and without you, mac problems won't be solved? Furthermore, i have also recommend the original poster some uninstall applications, she might want to use them in the future.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.