I need to access my browser cache specifically, the cache in Camino browser and Opera browser. I need the commands to get the cache, or any other method to obtain the cache.

Thanking you in advance,

I remain

Mike Levinson

Recommended Answers

All 16 Replies

Welcome jacklegs/Mike,
I see from looking, you haven't found an answer to this yet.
The only thing I can find that might work for you, if you haven't cleared the caches, is to type into Camino and Opera's address bar, about:cache and hit enter. This does not work in Safari. My Firefox cache was overflowing when I checked it this way.

Hope that gets your work back.

Hi Mike,

There is a poster not long ago maybe about two weeks ago posted the same problem. I have posted solutions to it but some random mod deleted the whole thread because a third poster spam the thread with crappy links. Ok, back to your problem. YOu can go and find your cache by first clicking on Macintosh HD, you can find it in finder or your desktop.

2) Click Users and select your account.
3) Click on Library.
4) Go and find your browser name and click it.
5) Find a file that say cache.db then open it if you have the software

If you do not have the software follow danarchy advice. The method i suggest only applies to certain browsers. Good luck and nice info Danarchy;)

commented: O.o +3

The user solution via Library gets me to the cache - but the text from the pages - so far - is not there. Just graphics - but you guys did provide the solutions. Thanks. :)

http://michaelslevinson.com

What do you mean by graphic alone, can you please tell me what did you do. Did you follow my steps correctly, the instructions i provided is to locate your browser cache files and delete them if you do not want other people to see it, not to view them. You said graphic, are you sure you click on the correct file, maybe you click on webpage previews instead of cache.db

What do you mean by graphic alone, can you please tell me what did you do. Did you follow my steps correctly, the instructions i provided is to locate your browser cache files and delete them if you do not want other people to see it, not to view them. You said graphic, are you sure you click on the correct file, maybe you click on webpage previews instead of cache.db

I will try again. Hopefully you are right!

Mike Levinson

Now you want to delete the cache?
I thought, from your question, and your post elsewhere on the net that you wanted to get back some information.

Now you want to delete the cache?
I thought, from your question, and your post elsewhere on the net that you wanted to get back some information.

NO No No I don't want to delete the cache! There was illegal activity on the web site and I need to SAVE IT! Going to try to uncover what i am looking for and will post the results!

Hi jacklegs, did you posted the same thread before on daniweb but got deleted. Because there was one time this year, a poster asking for help to recover his cache. And i replied to it but for don't know what reason the thread got deleted. Are you the poster before who posted the same thread here? i just want to confirm. Do not use my method, that is for deleting the cache so other people cannot see what you are doing. When you recover the cache, you might want to save it or back it up. From another forum on the net, it said that your blog went down. What do you mean by illegal activity on the web site.

Do you mean hackers are attacking your blog, if that is the case. I would try my best and help you. Have you located the cache so far?

I was blogging at a giant web site, as a candidate for president. People who did not like me hacked my screen name (identity theft) and started posting a couple dozen attacks on other posters, and more - writings in my name that I didn't write - to turn people away. These kinds of political dirty tricks are against the law!

The site was foknewschannel.com which was Keith Olbermann's not for profit blog. When Olbermann's people realized what was going on, without any notice, they killed the web site. I want to show the authorities and initiate an investigation.

Without that cache in my computer which would be the final page in his blog I cannot show the identity theft.

I can still access the website without any problems. Retrieving a cache is tricky because, it does not just restore information on that site you want only. Retrieving your cache also retrieve all your browsers information like what you do on the weekends and others. Have you try typing about cache, like what danarchy said before?

I can still access the website without any problems. Retrieving a cache is tricky because, it does not just restore information on that site you want only. Retrieving your cache also retrieve all your browsers information like what you do on the weekends and others. Have you try typing about cache, like what danarchy said before?

You write, "I can still access the web site without any problems"?????? The site is / was http://foknewschannel.com You say you can access that site?

Wait a minute here! . . . I just tried it. What happens is the url flips to Current.com, the new home for Olbermann's coming TV Show. But it was on his "not-for-profit blog <foknewschannel> where the screen name hijacking was taking place all day.

When Olbermann realized what was going on, he decided to protect the illegal people by deconstructing the site without any notice - bingo - just like that - you hit refresh to get the latest posts and it was gone!!

So far I am out of luck.

Lev http://michaelslevinson.com

So now what happen to the site. Who is the good guy? Who is the bad guy? Who am i suppose to help? And what am i suppose to do to help? I am getting confuse now. Please answer my question that i will have a clearer view what is happening.

I saw you get a negative rep from happygeek the administrator. Maybe you would like to stop posting links in the post you putby keeping on pasting link of your website into your post, you will receive a banned. So please stop posting link of you website.

So now what happen to the site. Who is the good guy? Who is the bad guy? Who am i suppose to help? And what am i suppose to do to help? I am getting confuse now. Please answer my question that i will have a clearer view what is happening.

The site is gone, and i cannot so far find any copies in any internet archives. I am the good guy. We cannot say where Olbermann stands because he (or his tech people) allowed illegal activity - anti semitic rant included - stuff this forum would cancel in a heart beat. The bad guys are the people who were doing what they did.

Because they couldn't censor me - the evil ones did all of their evil to bring the site down - which is what happened. I am the good guy who needs a hand! I added jingda as a friend. What's for lunch:)

http://michaelslevinson.com

So did you receive th cache now? Can you please stop posting your website link at the bottom of each post, the admin has already told me to ask you to stop this.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.