Hello everyone:

Until recently, I used ssh with a terminal and kwrite to work with files on a Linux machine from my Mac laptop. I just started ssh into another Mac and find that I can no longer use kwrite. There is a kwrite for Mac available, but the installation process is beyond me.

So I have been using emacs, and I hate it! Navigating through file is very cumbersome and many of the keyboard commands don't work. I can't even paste. There is a Mac/graphical version of emacs available called Aquamacs, but it apparently doesn't work with ssh. I could probably figure out how to do basic things (like paste!) if I spent long enough reconfiguring things, but I would prefer not to.

My question is, is there a text editor available for Mac that works like kwrite--where I can use a mouse to navigate through files and the keyboard shortcuts are intuitive for Mac users? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

Yup, i also use Textwrangler from the App store and it works wonder. Glad the link is able to help you. Do recommend this site to your friends, please. Thanks

try Ultraedit

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.