What do I need to do to make my attachments visible to the maximum # of recipients? Even emailing pictures isn't working right. Often she can't open the attachment at all, other times they are somehow wrong. Like I sent a picture of our house and she said it was just a giant picture of part of one window and a shutter. Obviously not what I meant to send.

THANKS

Recommended Answers

All 11 Replies

Hello,

Couple things at play here.

1) If you are going to send out attachements to the Windoze world, you need to add on the 3 letter extension so that the files map properly. For example, jpg files need to be filename.jpg

2) If you are sending large graphics files (1024 x 768) or larger, there is a magic number where some windows viewers are cropping out the image, perhaps only showing the center of it. Have the Windows person try to open it in another program, or crop your image so that it is not so large.

3) Email might not be your best answer to distribute these graphics. You might wish to send them via a website... upload them somewhere, and have your friends go click for them.

Let us know...

Christian

Hello,

Couple things at play here.

1) If you are going to send out attachements to the Windoze world, you need to add on the 3 letter extension so that the files map properly. For example, jpg files need to be filename.jpg

2) If you are sending large graphics files (1024 x 768) or larger, there is a magic number where some windows viewers are cropping out the image, perhaps only showing the center of it. Have the Windows person try to open it in another program, or crop your image so that it is not so large.

3) Email might not be your best answer to distribute these graphics. You might wish to send them via a website... upload them somewhere, and have your friends go click for them.

Let us know...

Christian

Hi Christian...I really appreciate your help. I wish I didn't have to deal with the Windoze world, but I do! So are you saying that when I send an attachment with a picture, it doesn't already say .jpg somewhere? I hadn't noticed.

I am sure you're right about the thought that Windows will only allow X amount of the photo to be seen when they're very large. I honestly had no idea that my uploaded photos were so huge! The resolution, etc. is fantastic on them...they're practically 3D on my beautiful iBook's screen. Someone mentioned to me that a standard size of 600 x 480, I think it is, should fit on anyone's screen. Does that sound right to you?

Once I get a little more confidence, I'll strongly consider the website option.

Want to get back with you about the photo post too, so let's head there. Beth

When you attach an image via email, you have to select the "Send windows friendly attachment"checkbox at the bottom of the window where you are getting your file from

Hi Christian...I really appreciate your help. I wish I didn't have to deal with the Windoze world, but I do! So are you saying that when I send an attachment with a picture, it doesn't already say .jpg somewhere? I hadn't noticed.

I am sure you're right about the thought that Windows will only allow X amount of the photo to be seen when they're very large. I honestly had no idea that my uploaded photos were so huge! The resolution, etc. is fantastic on them...they're practically 3D on my beautiful iBook's screen. Someone mentioned to me that a standard size of 600 x 480, I think it is, should fit on anyone's screen. Does that sound right to you?

When you attach an image via email, you have to select the "Send windows friendly attachment"checkbox at the bottom of the window where you are getting your file from

i have a problem when sending word docs from mac to windows using email. it stuffs everyting up

Are you saving the word document for windows? You can change the "Save As" settings and save for windows.

Are you saving the word document for windows? You can change the "Save As" settings and save for windows.

Hi

I cant open word attachment sent from windows machines.

Anybody could help me with this.

Thank you,

Tamim

I guess you send the attachments in the wrong format and that is what causing all the trouble. Try to send attachments along with extensions. That will help further.

I cant open word attachment sent from windows machines.

Is it 97-2003 .doc format or 2007 .docx format?

Also most email clients wont let you because word documents are a huge security risk due to macro viruses.

mmm..thanks for info

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.