I've got skype so my girlfriend can talk to her relatives in Sweden. However, the headset I have is connected via a usb port and I don't have any free? My modem is connected to one port and my keyboard to the other. So, how do I connect the headset or do I actually need it to use Skype?

Thanks in advance

Cob

I've got skype so my girlfriend can talk to her relatives in Sweden. However, the headset I have is connected via a usb port and I don't have any free? My modem is connected to one port and my keyboard to the other. So, how do I connect the headset or do I actually need it to use Skype?

Thanks in advance

Cob

Sounds like you need a small USB hub. You don't NEED a headset if you have built in microphone and speaker, but a headset can make the Skype experinece easier.
Phil L

Idea of having USB Hub works but ...its good to have headset ( creative labs webcam ultra -HUB20 ) than microphone...The chances of sound distortion minimizes..I use the same in collaboration with my www.rhubcom.com turbomeeting during conferencing sessions.

Agreed.. You don' NEED a headset but it helps control feedback between your mic and pc speakers. I've been using the built-in speakers and mic. on my new Macbook Pro for the last couple of days with no difficulty, so it seems as though apple has managed to avoid the feedback problem!

Thanks in advance

Cob

if you dont have spkrs on the computer you will need headset.
this can also be connected to the 3.5 mm jack.

daniel

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.