Hi, I have just bought a USB data cable for my son's Samsung E350. I run a G5 imac which recognises most flashdrives, but the Samsung doesn't mount on the desktop. Any ideas please??

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

Not sure.. but it may be that that model doesn't do that. I've seen threads where people expect the flash drives from cameras to mount, but some do, some don't. It depends on their design. Is this model phone supposed to do that?

Not sure.. but it may be that that model doesn't do that. I've seen threads where people expect the flash drives from cameras to mount, but some do, some don't. It depends on their design. Is this model phone supposed to do that?

No idea, I hoped that because OSX seems to be very much plug and play, my iMac would recognise the Samsung. Is it a question of finding the right driver?

I'm having the same problem with my e350 also. I've got a USB data cable (i even tried an infrared device to no avail)

I tried connecting the phone with the USB cable and tried to run it off of Virtual PC with the proper software drivers and programs (i installed just about everything). It recognizes that the phone is plugged in but won't actually connect it to the file manager program. I've also changed the settings on the Com2 port to read the USB device...

anyone have any suggestions on what I can do to make the software talk to the device??

Thanks!!!!

Im having exactly the same problem with my e350.Refuses to mount on the desktop and absolutely no support from samsung(as usual).these companies make me sick,macs are the fastest growing computers out there and the imbeciles in their development depts cant even forsee these problems.ive noticed theyve released a version of the e350 now with bluetooth(what a surprise!!!)e370 or something original like that.if anyone finds a driver or a solution to this problem pls,pls pls post it or email me direct on <email snipped>los gracias amigos b@nDoLeRo

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.