PLEASE HELP!! I put a memory stick into my ScanDisk 14 in 1 reader. iPhoto was already open but crashed when the card was inserted, before choosing to import the photos. I force-quit iPhoto, and removed the card from the drive. And now there are no longer photos on the card!! Is there a way to check my hard drive or iPhoto for partially downloaded files?? Also, is there a file recovery program on my G3 ibook that I may not have discovered yet? Thank you very much for your prompt help. The person I am trying to recover files for is departing for Egypt in less than 48 hours.

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

PLEASE HELP!! I put a memory stick into my ScanDisk 14 in 1 reader. iPhoto was already open but crashed when the card was inserted, before choosing to import the photos. I force-quit iPhoto, and removed the card from the drive. And now there are no longer photos on the card!! Is there a way to check my hard drive or iPhoto for partially downloaded files?? Also, is there a file recovery program on my G3 ibook that I may not have discovered yet? Thank you very much for your prompt help. The person I am trying to recover files for is departing for Egypt in less than 48 hours.

Oh! that's the mistake you have done. You shouldn't have closed the iPhoto forcefully and remove the card from the drive. Any ways don't panic, because the data's are still in your iPhoto, you just need a powerful recovery software which can retrieve your lost photos from the iPhoto application. When such things happens with me then I use iPhoto Recovery software, which is very powerful tool and salvages my favorite photos in seconds. So, try it if works for you as well.

All the best!

Unless you're using Time Machine then some data recovery software that can recover the photos for you is going to be your only bet.

Firstly don't panic. Go on to google and search for some Mac iPhoto recovery software and you should find something that will do the trick.

iTunes only allows one-way transfer from iTunes to iPhone/ipad2, not the other way around. You will need some iPhone-to-computer transfer program to help you. You may have a look at this step-by-step guide on: How to transfer music/photo and video from ipad2/iphone/ipod to computer.It includes the transfering of music, photos, videos,music ect. between iPod/iPhone/iPad and computer(PC or Mac).

I think you can't do it on a new iPhone. You have to put them on your itunes. But if your iPhone allows installing third party software (when you have done a so called 'Jailbreak'), you may download a piece of software iphone-to-Mac/PC transfer. This will allow you to batch copy all your iphone data to the Windows computer or Mac.
What's more, some related toturials about iphone Contact to computer.
For Mac:how to backup iPhone SMS/Contact and music to Mac
Hopefully these work for all of you like it just worked for me!

The problem could be associated with the USBs. USB malfunctioning is the issue. You need to install PANDA 2013 antivirus program having antimalware against each and every malware.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.