Today I tired setting up a printer sharing network over my linksys wireless router. I turned the printer sharing on and the windows sharing on my mac. Then I launched my notebook with vista on it and installed Bonjour for Windows 1.0.3. Once the installation finished I ran the wizard and installed the shared Epson printer.

Once I finished the wizard I gave the printer a go.
I tried printing a word document on my Vista machine using the new wireless set up and nothing happens the printer queue gains the document then loses it. The I tried using Vistas Sharing set up and this time When I go to print I get an error message.

Also when I try accessing my shared folder from my vista machine. I use my admin username and pswd for the login an it says they are both wrong.

What can I do to get my printer sharing and my windows sharing set up to work.

Please respond
Thank you

Today I tired setting up a printer sharing network over my linksys wireless router. I turned the printer sharing on and the windows sharing on my mac. Then I launched my notebook with vista on it and installed Bonjour for Windows 1.0.3. Once the installation finished I ran the wizard and installed the shared Epson printer.

Once I finished the wizard I gave the printer a go.
I tried printing a word document on my Vista machine using the new wireless set up and nothing happens the printer queue gains the document then loses it. The I tried using Vistas Sharing set up and this time When I go to print I get an error message.

Also when I try accessing my shared folder from my vista machine. I use my admin username and pswd for the login an it says they are both wrong.

What can I do to get my printer sharing and my windows sharing set up to work.

Please respond
Thank you

I am having this EXACT same problem. Were you able to find a solution?!?

Cheers.

vista is well known for having compatability issues for so many devices because basicly there are very few drivers for the majority of devices on the vista os at the moment.
If you have a copy of xp it will work all day long , its vista that is the problem.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.