Whambam 0 Newbie Poster

What a nightmare!!! Woke up the other day to find i had absoloutly no sound. I have onboard sound AC 97 however i dont use it as i already had a s/b 5.1 card from my previous pc, so it was switched off using bios. I have been through all windows sound settings. I recieved no sound card error messages and the sound still seems to be playing through musicmatch. There is no speaker error as I can still hear volume (as a slight hiss when i turn them to top volume) they are connected as they should be. I have tried uninstalling the soundcard and s/b software and installing the onboard sound but to no avail!!!! I have also reinstalled the soundcard and s/b software, windows recognises the fact i have put in a new soundcard but still no sound.....if the thing had blown up and was no longer recognised I would be happy to purchase a new card, however there seems to be no problem with it. Can anyone please suggest anything I may have missed before i either a) smash it with a hammer :mad: or b) get a new soundcard!!!!

Thanks Wham x

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.