tiger86 16 Posting Pro

As many of us know SmartCard credit cards are a danger to our privacy as hackers found a flaw with the RFID chip so they can take your information out of your pocket from afar. I have been researching this subject as soon as I saw it on a DaniWeb blog. I was quite upset when my bank sent me a smartcard with the RFID chip so I called them and everyone that I could reach was unaware of the flaw in the cards. I did my research and found a way to keep your card safe RFID shields! It is a small credit card protector that will block RF transmissions as long as the card is in the shield. I know you have to pull your card out which always poses a risk of identity theft whether you have a Smart Card or a normal magnetic card due to skimmers. I am not sure if everyone is aware of skimmers so I will go over that real quick. A skimmer is a device hackers attach to credit card machines that swipe the info off your credit card when you put it in the machine the way to be skimmer safe is to shake the machine a little or possibly stick another card (that is not a credit card) and check the top and bottom of the credit card entry and make sure there are no skimmers if there are just knock them out and report them. You can get your RFID shields here or just search it online and find somewhere else to get a RFID shield.
This blog is courtesy of Tiger86