tiger86 16 Posting Pro

The famous saying by Tommy Callahan “Holy Shnikes!” from Tommy Boy Came to mind when I logged onto Meebo the third party Instant Messenger Website that allows you use more then one IM a time and saw their blog on the main page announcing that they have created an application for the G1.

Since I don’t own a G1 I had to be satisfied by watching the video where it shows a staff member logging onto his Yahoo and AIM Accounts via his G1. While his buddy in AIM is asking him to go out to get a drink he opens up his browser and types in the word drink; while he is still in the browser his buddy’s message appears on the top of the screen saying “at a bar?”

Since Mobile Meebo allows you to use 7 different IMs at the same time this will make keeping in contact with your co-workers, and friends much easier. The G1 is not their first mobile Application they also have made an App for the iPhone.

What I like about the G1 meebo application is that there are no SMS text charges, and it eliminates having to flip back and forwards from web browser to IM to know what your buddys are saying.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.