Chris Nicola 0 Newbie Poster

I need some help please to recover a lost wav file on a Digital Voice Recorder that doubles as a 2 Gbt USB formatted using FAT 32. I was the only one recording an important international conference at a local university. Unfortunately on the last 90 minute recording (expected 20 Mbt) I forgot to press the stop record button and just turned the power switch off (a bit like pulling the plug on a computer I suppose). I didn't know the recording was corrupted but plugged in the DVR USB and renamed the files and then copied to my HD. The previous recordings were intact but the last recorded wav file was 0 Kb or empty. In desperation I tried Iolo search and recover using strong scan which found many files but the one I wanted was still 0 Kb. I also tried Spotmau undelete which found the same files with the same result. I also tried to scan and fix errors using XP but the file is still missing.

I dont know if there is a lost fragment of data hiding somewhere on the DVR USB drive. Its a 2GBt Chinese voice recorder. If the recorder records to ram before copying when pressing the stop button then I suppose there is no hope. However I have a gut feeling that it records continuously to its own internal HD/USB.

What tools do professional file recovery experts use? Is there anything else I can try to recover the lost file?

Your help would be greatly appreciated.

Kind Regards
Chris