gccradioscience 0 Newbie Poster

I was testing out something via USB to a source such as radio that required 6 Volts 500 mA, and I tried it out, but the stupid computer went out last night. The other shortwave radios I tried via USB port which were a success was small tiny portables requiring 4.5 volts which 5 volts was going one volt over. Now I am running into a problem that the motherboard LED is flashing, I just hope the motherboard is not fried from just a 6 volt 500 mA load via USB port. It's just that the power supply will not work. The power supply part number is : 308439-001

Main reason for the mistake, is that I thought that 5 volts would be enough for S-350 DL without over powering the radio. But I was wrong, I think it killed the power supply. Now someone needs to take my place and make power supply that accepts 1.5 volt to 12 volt power supplies from a USB port. I learned my lesson, now I have to fix the computer.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.