meksikatsi 16 Posting Whiz

Hi folks...this issue is also related to a restart issue...I'll explain momentarily.

AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core 3800+
XP Pro SP3
NVidia GeForce 6150 LE - just updated driver

As mentioned, at random, even while working on this computer on our home network, the LG monitor turns off at random...can be days...can be an hour. It briefly shows the box saying no signal and goes black...the power button blinks...

...but the computer is still running. No way to get to the computer - you can't restart the monitor. You can't even do a cold start from the power button...it must be unplugged from the mains and then plugged in again.

Interestingly, the same thing (sort of) happens on this computer when one tries to restart...same thing when an update asks to restart the computer. What you end up with is the computer sitting there "on" and the monitor "dead". Only unplugging the computer from the wall will initiate a restart that will bring the monitor back up.

I admit I'm stumped on this one...please help! I posted here but I personally think it's a virus...if you think I should re-post to the virus forum, I will. However, there are no other symptoms...and between instances, the computer runs perfectly.

Thanks...meksikatsi