BILL S 0 Junior Poster

Found the manual for my bookPC, which I bought as my second computer, viable as a cheaper portable then a laptop at the time, and still cheaper then most used laptops at one time I thought this machine was dead. Bought off eBay at auction, looked to be used for Ethernet purposes only with Novell Netware installed at the time, for a number of years, it ran under Windows 98 SE, though when the HDD crashed, it wanted a product key I had no copy of. The drive was wiped and I was told this may have prompted a fresh install needing the key. The Manual dates to December 2000 but no word on using Windows ME with it, and I have swapped a working ME drive into the chassis. I now am prompted I have no database drivers for Ethernet, Audio and video (supplied onboard) and 56K modem/fax ports, or graphics PCI VGA, also built in... This system was mainly purchased to use it's implemented 5.1 digital surround with a DVD player, and at the time, proposed DVD burner, but speed was not up to the standard really needed at only 750 MHz Pentium 3 chip included. 256 MB Ram cam installed however... a reference for the disk needed or drivers as well requested at present.
(manual states 'SuperVoice', 'MediaRing Talk', 'Gamut2000', 'WordPerfect Suite 8' and 'WinDVD' were included on supplied disc, It also included PCCillin 2000 as well. Graphics on-board is 128bit 2D/3D GS support with 1920x1200 res. in 16M colors hardware DVD accelerator. Built in sound 'meets PC98 Audio spec' HRTF 3D pro audio supports both Direct Sound 3D and A3D compat. interface. Supports 6 channel surround. Uses SiS 630 chipset, FCPGA Pentium and PPGA Celeron 370 chips to 1GHz speed, memory to 1024MB, support Bus mastering and Ultra DMA 33/66 modes)

Thanks for any help on this, I'm eager to setup back in working form.
BILL S.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.