Rrookkz 0 Newbie Poster

Background: I'm running a custom built computer with a huge C drive and an even bigger D drive. Windows was installed on C and many programs, files, pictures, and documents were on D. I started having internet connection problems so I called the techs at Bellsouth several times. Each time they had me make changes...and problems got worse. I finally decided to switch things around clear everything from C and put all files on D and install Windows XP professional on D. Worked fine until I decided to put Linux on the empty C drive (didn't work)...evidently Cwasn't completely empty and I wound up reformatting C which caused me to lose contact with everything on my D drive. In an act of desperation I re-installed XP pro on C and it works great...but it doesn't see the D drive anymore. It also refuses to boot from D drive.

My Question: How can I get the C drive to recognize the D drive. I have gone into Administrative services and looked at disk management and I can see that D is still there...Active...Healthy...not erased. But nothing I try to do will let me open D drive. "My Computer" only shows C drive. Evidently I accidently zapped something. Have I screwed up...is there no hope in the world, or is there a way to get into all those neat files I have stored on my blind D drive.

Rrookkz