grabbag 0 Unverified User

I have two desktops with about 2 or 3 year old motherboards. I think both are AGP. I have been using the Matrox G-450 card on my own desktop for years and love it, but I would like to add a third monitor.

At the moment my daughter's desktop has just one monitor.

On my own desktop I would like to be able to watch a DVD on one screen, and do simple work with the other two, or simple displays of information on all three. I am assuming that I could drag screens over like on the G-450

Other issues: It is very easy for me to get acquire older analog IBM etc, monitors cheap, although I would like to purchase a nice slim line flat screen which I believe is non analog. So there is that issue: mixing monitors.

I could go with Matrox's Triple 2 Go but it is pricy. I don't need ALL the bells and whistles.

I noticed on pricewatch.com that there were Matrox G-450 (dual monitor) cards with 16 meg memory on the card for about $11.00

I didn't know if they were too good to be true.

My daughter's desktop has built in video which works. I guess it uses the main system memory.

I was thinking about maybe transferring my older G-450 AGP card to her motherboard although I don't know if you have to disable the onboard video or not.

Can anyone advise me on options?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.