Reddog69x 0 Newbie Poster

Hello all and thanks in advance :) I've been having a problem with my gamma for a long while now. I've posted in several forums to no avail. Basically my gamma on my full-screen 3d is borked....sometimes. I can hardly see most games in full-screen mode. I've turned up and pegged both the brightness and gamma both in-game and via my video card settings for both "Desktop" and "Full screen 3D". However, when I take a screenshot and send it to someone to look at...it's almost washed out as if the changes ARE taking effect. They can see it just fine. If I minimize the full-screen 3D and turn up the brightness/gamma the screen gets as bright as I set it, but as soon as I alt-tab back to the game it goes near blacked out....

I would have thought that maybe it was a monitor problem, but a few games I CAN keep it bright, and in windowed mode I can keep the brightness/gamma I set via the video card's display control panel "Desktop" settings. Any help would be greatly appreciated. This has stumped me and many others for a long while now, and I've actually been unable to play a few games I've bought because they have no 'windowed' mode to play the game and I can't see a dang thing :(

My setup is as follows:
Pentium 4 3.gHz
ATI Radeon X800 Pro
2GB RAM
17" CRT Monitor

Let me know if you need any more info!