Member Avatar for dharmlost
dharmlost

I built this computer two to three weeks ago, from all new parts, and it has worked fine until this last Monday, the 15th. Monday evening, I received a windows xp blue screen while reading some stuff on livejournal, and the computer tried to restart, but it did not make it. I held the power button on the case in for 10 seconds, and then powered it up. Tuesday, it happened twice, both while playing World of Warcraft. Then this morning, it happened again, while reading livejournal again.

Specs:
Intel® Core™ 2 Duo Processor E6300
Intel® Desktop Board DG965WH
4x 1 GB pc5300 Kingston DDR2
160 SATA HD (OS/programs)
250 EIDE HD (extra storage)
16x Samsung SATA DVD-RW
BFG 8800 GTX
Antec 650 Power Supply
Antec 900 gaming case

Everything powers on (all the fans, the dvd-rw drive, the sound card's internal light, the mobo's light, the ethernet light), but the computer never POSTs. My monitor just sits there as if the computer had gone to sleep. Does anyone have any ideas at all? I'm desperate to get this fixed; alot of important information on there, and a project I have almost done (and not backed up, stupid me!!!!!!!!) due tomorrow. :eek:

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.