RVL752gp 0 Newbie Poster

Hi There, i have a BIG problem, last night i was burning a dvd off of my cam corder which was plugged into my front of my cases usb connection. suddenly the camera fell (oops) and the usb cable broke my front usb connection (the little white porcelain thing fell out) and i think that maybe the usb shorted something.

The computer switched off when it happened and when i tried to switch it back on, my pc comes on but without any response from my screen. I tried another screen, but still nothing.

I dont think it would have anything to do with what id did two days ago - i installed Vista64 on 1 partition and Xp32 on another. It was working perfect until the whole usb thing happened!

My setup is as follows if it might help- Asus M2N32-sli deluxe Mobo, AMD X2 5200+, 1 Seagate 320 Gb, 3Gb DDR2 Kingston Hyper X RAM (2x 512 + 2x 1GB) , A-open 530W PSU, XFX 8600GT, Haupauage PVR 150 tv card.

Iv tried resetting the Cmos and taking my battery out for a few seconds aswell, but to no avail.

Someone please tell me where to start, and dont tell me I blew my mobo.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.