hi friends

I have a Linux in my notepad and when i insert a pen drive it give the error. How can i access my pen drive in Linux. if any code or trick please suggest here.

thanks in advance!

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

Your post is a little on the vague side. Is there any chance you can provide us with some more specific information about your problem?

For example:
Which Linux distribution are you using? (e.g. Fedora 14?, or Ubuntu 10.10?, or OpenSuse 11.4? etc..)
What is the make/model of your pen-drive? (if known)
What are the exact errors you're getting?

If you can answer these questions, I'm sure somebody here will be able to answer your question very quickly!

Your post is a little on the vague side. Is there any chance you can provide us with some more specific information about your problem?

For example:
Which Linux distribution are you using? (e.g. Fedora 14?, or Ubuntu 10.10?, or OpenSuse 11.4? etc..)
What is the make/model of your pen-drive? (if known)
What are the exact errors you're getting?

If you can answer these questions, I'm sure somebody here will be able to answer your question very quickly!

I have a ubantu os and Trancend 4GB and how to access my pendrive from Ubantu OS.

It sounds as though your USB stick has some Windows only software pre-loaded on it by the manufacturer. This software is most likely stopping Linux from being able to mount the drive correctly.

I had a Sandisk USB stick which had similar problems a couple of years ago. I simply used a Windows PC to remove the preloaded software and completely reformatted the USB drive. Ever since then I've been able to use the USB stick on any PC, regardless of the OS!

This thread may help you, from a user on ubuntuforums who is having issues with the same type of drive:
http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1128275

Follow the suggestions in that thread and you should be fine!

Thank you very much jason for provide valuable information

So is it fixed, or was it just a phony question?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.