I've run across ten new Linux distributions inspired by current news stories. Some, of course, are better than others and a few just have no practical use or purpose whatsoever but still are worth a mention. These ten distributions are in no particular order of my preference or relevance. Maybe you've run across some of them too in your Internet travels.
1. Lohanix - This cute little gem is still not mature but it sure is fun to use. It has all the latest gadgetry and accessories to keep you occupied for minutes at a time. The best part of this distro is that it works well in or out of rehab facilities.
2. BPix - BPix doesn't work well under pressure nor is it good at real 'in-depth' work but its slick new interface is perfect for those offshore workers. This one should really clean up near the US coastline.
3. Googlix - A search-oriented desktop is the only way to describe this distro that brings you speed, agility and global accessibility with no Microsoft software in sight. Downloads of this inspiring operating system is blocked in some countries.
4. JoranvanderSlootix - A Dutch language distro that is a bit of a renegade among other "tamer" distributions. Young college women should stay clear of this distro at all costs. Seems to have a disappearing user base.
5. Onebuttonix - This one has taken its simplistic design features from another operating system with its oversimplified, "our users are too stupid to use a real computer" interface. It has a fanatical following who're willing to pay top dollar for its minimalist design and pricey accessories. Too the disappointment of many, Prius and sandals are not included with the base model.
6. Sinkholeix - This distro seems to have appeared out of nowhere. In fact, I'm not even sure how it got on this list.
7. SocialMediaix - A distro specifically designed for people with too much free time on their hands. The innovative Loser interface is simple and impressive with its "write once, update everywhere" single purpose main screen. Its tagline is "Who do you want to bore today?"
8. Prosportsix - This interesting distro is created by overpaid developers who'd rather focus on their endorsements and singing careers rather than their product. I keep thinking that if people would stop using it, that it would go away.
9. Rockstarix - This fast-booting distro might make your brain bleed with its speed and hot applications. It has a built-in GPS auto-locator for liquor stores and rehab facilities. This one enjoyed early popularity but has made a comeback among distro nostalgia buffs.
10. Politix - This distro fails miserably at almost every task given it. It's expensive and inefficient but continues to thrive in spite of its numerous shortcomings. It has two basic interface choices, red or blue. There have been other interfaces for Politix but none successful. Industry observers keep hoping for an improved distribution although none has surfaced. Developers offered no comment.
Do you have any distributions that you could add to this list?