I'm using Mandrake 10.1, and I put in the wrong resolution. So I tried to use pico to edit the /etc/X11/XF86Config but, I guess mandrake doesn't use pico. So what do I do?

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Ok its "emacs"
but what do you change in the file?

Member Avatar for TKSS

Ok its "emacs"
but what do you change in the file?

Try nano instead of pico. It is an exact replica of pico...it is available in "contributions" Install that and you're all set.

I usually put an alias in my startup files that subs in pico for nano. That way if I'm having a late night and forget that pico isn't installed it automatically opens nano for me instead :P

As far as screen resolution...if you can't change it under the mandrake control center (that is, there is only one option under your pull down menu) then you need to install the right monitor so that more options are available. Get all the specs for your monitor and use the control center to install it. Then restart your Xsession and everything should be good to go.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.