Hey whats up.. I am setting up my server, the way I have it set up is people have your typical hosting options.. plus php.. but with some of the people I only want them to be able to use HTML, no PHP avaliable.. is this possible on a single server or would I need to set up a second server without the options I dont want to offer some people.

Also how would I offer people x ammount of space, say users 1-10 have accounts for 150mb an users 11-20 have 300mb accounts.. how can I moderate that without having to physically check every day or allcolate x ammount of space per account.

This would work for an apache server. Go to the apache/conf directory or wherever the apache httpd.conf file is, open it and add this to the file. This would forbid access to any php files in that directory. I'm sure there is another way to do it, but I don't know it :o

<Directory "/var/usr/username/">
	.....stuff.....
	AllowOverride None
	<Files "*.php">
    		Order allow,deny
    		Deny from all
	</Files>
</Directory>

If you have more questions reply here and I will try to help.

Dance

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.