I'm currently using phpMyAdmin with Plesk 7.5. Well first of all there's the known problem with the CSS not working, but that's besides the point. My question is actually whether it's possible to access phpMyAdmin directly through some URL instead of first logging into Plesk and then navigating all the way down to the "Database Web Interface"?

TIA

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

I have no experience with Plesk...

Have you tried bookmarking the phpMyAdmin page? I can do that in cpanel and then login when it tries to access the page.

Well, I can't seem to figure out where the phpMyAdmin page actually is! It loads via some funky JavaScript from within Plesk which cloaks its location - so whenever I try to bookmark it, I end up bookmarking somewhere inside Plesk.

eeewwwwww :(

If you use firefox try the javascript debugger(near bottom of page). It should allow you to see any javascript being run and maybe find the link. If you wanna go to that much trouble that is...

Where do you get to the Database Web Interface. Is that an add on patch. I only have the base version of plesk 7.5. What do i need to purchase in order to get that fuctionality?

I'm currently using phpMyAdmin with Plesk 7.5. Well first of all there's the known problem with the CSS not working, but that's besides the point. My question is actually whether it's possible to access phpMyAdmin directly through some URL instead of first logging into Plesk and then navigating all the way down to the "Database Web Interface"?

TIA

My question is actually whether it's possible to access phpMyAdmin directly through some URL instead of first logging into Plesk and then navigating all the way down to the "Database Web Interface"?

I don't know about Plesk but I know on mine I was able to. The address starts with the address of my host: http://web.myhostingcenter.com/phpMyAdmin

I'm not posting the entire string so that no one can access it.

Do you have a specific address for your FTP? If so, stick that where I have the http://web.myhostingcenter.com and then PM me and I will give you the rest of the string to try. Liz

this is sorta old now... but danni as long as you know the root password for mysql you can install phpmyadmin on any webspace and have it connect (assuming it is allowed to connect from that site (if its local its not an issue)

Sorry I never updated this thread. I actually simply installed phpMyAdmin at another location, just as you suggested. Works just fine :)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.