If you want to save yourself a lot of trouble, you ought to consider using a program called "VMware". It lets you run more than one OS on a single hard drive, heck, 8 in the same folder. I say this because it actually makes a TINY file that serves as any size HD you want although the default is 4GB.

I tried everything, dual boot OS, multiple computers and use of a KVM, and all of these options...VMWare does it for me. I can run up to 8 different PC's on the same computer, they have their own IP, and technically each vitrual machine uses its own HD, CDRom, floppy, NIC, and soundcard even though it is simply using the one on your pc. You can literally drag files from one PC to the other and it works!

Granted, this program does cost a considerable amount of money depending on what you want...however, there are ways of getting it otherwise. :evil: (not that I would).

Granted, this program does cost a considerable amount of money depending on what you want...however, there are ways of getting it otherwise. (not that I would).

and a considrable amount of resources(ram/cpu etc)

...there are ways of getting it otherwise. :evil: (not that I would).

Mmm...

Whether you would or would not, suggesting that possibilty to another member here runs close to the edge in terms of our rules regarding discussion of pirated/pirating software.

People can find those "ways" on their own if they want; let's not give them a push in that direction, OK?

*bows to the mod*

My apologies, I should have guessed that doing something of that nature would be over the edge. I will not do so again!

guys, i must say thanks for this lovely juicy information you have provided. i'll be frank in saying i've never used linux but as a techie im always up for new things and info. someday it'll be useful.:D keep smilin ur doing gr8

*bows to the mod*

My apologies, I should have guessed that doing something of that nature would be over the edge. I will not do so again!

No apologies necessary, and thanks for understanding.
Your post wasn't over the edge, but I just wanted to put the caution out there before someone else decided to *ahem* "elaborate" on what you alluded to. ;)

guys, i must say thanks for this lovely juicy information you have provided. i'll be frank in saying i've never used linux but as a techie im always up for new things and info. someday it'll be useful.:D keep smilin ur doing gr8

Don't use an emulator :) Install stage1 gentoo :) [Moderator's edit]

Don't use an emulator :) Install stage1 gentoo :) [Moderator's edit]

How will that help use NTFS ?

thanks ppl

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.