Hi ,thought i would try fooling with SUSE personal .started a install on a 6.4 gig HDD ,cot called away from computer and didn't get back for over an HR.
it foramtted and created 3 partitions .one 450+meg primary dos ,and two nondos partition 50% each of remaing gigs ,i changed my mind,using fdisk to delete nondos partiitions and the primary ,and create new partition all i can get is the 450+meg what happened to the rest of the 6 gigs ,and how can i get it back.Thanks

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Member Avatar for nicentral

try a fdisk /mbr, reboot, fdisk again and wipe the partition table. If this doesn't work, you could use a Knoppix cd to boot into a Linux environment and use the Linux version of fdisk which should get rid of the partitions.

Andy

try a fdisk /mbr, reboot, fdisk again and wipe the partition table. If this doesn't work, you could use a Knoppix cd to boot into a Linux environment and use the Linux version of fdisk which should get rid of the partitions.

Andy

thank you,I had tried the fiirst part ,i will try the knoppix cd, i have one, will try it tomorrow

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.