hi guys,
I need to install apache to my webhotell to be able to install and use the CMS Mambo, but I don't find instructions to do so. Could U please help me?

I'm a total newbie, so please use an "for dummies" style :p

thanx guys

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

First, we will need to know some things to help you, such as:

1. What OS Are you using.
2. What Versions of the programs are you wanting?
(a) Apache 1.3.x or apache 2.x
(b) PHP 4.3.x or 5.0.x
3. You will also need to install MySQL for the backend.

hi guys,
I need to install apache to my webhotell to be able to install and use the CMS Mambo, but I don't find instructions to do so. Could U please help me?

I'm a total newbie, so please use an "for dummies" style :p

thanx guys

Hello, Lady BenneJezzerette here. What OS or Distro are you running? I run Slackware and have the Apache HTTPD 2.0.54 from the apache site. To install under Linux use the ./configure in teh path you have decompressed the files to. Once it finds all the needed settings for your OS and hardware, it will generate the needed c files to compile, then run make, it will then build the files into object code, then run make install, this will install it. After all this run apacheconfig and setup the mod_ssl passwords and id information. Hope this is clear and easy to follow.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.