Is it possible to compile php5 (or really any php version) into the apache2 binary?

I'm not looking to install & load php as a shared module. What I'm trying to find out is whether or not it's even possible to compile php5 into apache2 statically.

I've been reading through pages of info all day... all I can find is info on installing php as a DSO shared module in apache2. I haven't found any definitive answers as to if compiling php statically into apache2 is even possible.

Is it possible to compile ANY third party modules into apache2 statically? The modules that are included with apache2 can be installed either statically OR as shared modules (other than the core and mod_so modules which can only be compiled into apache2 statically). But can other modules ONLY be installed as DSO shared modules?

Thanks in advance for any help with this.

John

as dso is the only ay to compile php for apache2, but you shouldnt be worried because this configuration is faster than any other related to apache1.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.