network18 15 Practically a Master Poster

Hi, I have a HP laptop with intel dual core 32bit processor with 512MB RAM & 80 GB HDD.
2 years back I have installed windows XP on it on my own, it was quite easy.
But now I need to install FreeBSD for the C++ development on the same laptop.
In short I am trying to make it multiOS system.As I have already tried with Wubi's different versions to install on my office PC, but they faild throwing could not download the.." error; so I cant even try the Wubi on my laptop (also dot have internet connection on my laptop).
I have tried to boot from the pendrive too, but laptop can not boot from it, throwing "Booting device is not ready" type of error. So kept that aside too.
Yesterday, I burned the FreeBSD on the DVD and tried to boot, but it faild too with following sequence & error -
[TEX]
Booting [/boot/kernel/kernel]..
/boot/kernel/acpi.ko text=0x56e4c
loading required module 'kernel'
ACPI autoload failed - no such file or directory
{then list of some variable values like err ect and lastly - }
BTX halted
[/TEX]
So it could not boot for the FreeBSD I have downloaded (i.e. 8.0-RELEASE-i386-bootonly.iso ) & burned on DVD.
Later I burned OpenSolaris image "os200805g.iso" on the DVD(R/W) & tried to boot.This time it started booting properly and I could see the blue screen of Opensolaris, and thedesktop of it.
There was a exe (I guess) on desktop with name 'install openSolaris'; I did not executed it, and in the hope of that the OS is installed properly, I restarted the laptop and to my surprise there was no existence of OpenSolaris now just my previous winXP.
Please help me to install FreeBSD on the laptop & configure it for the C++ development, as I behind this since last one week.