hi
can i get google chrome browser on ubuntu ??
and how??

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

If it's not available in the Software Centre, or via Synaptic package manager; a stable version of Chrome is available directly from google as a .deb package. You can simply download the package and install it yourself!

Here's the link:
https://encrypted.google.com/chrome?platform=linux&hl=en&lr=all

Personally I'd check the software centre or synaptic first, I think the Ubuntu version of Chrome is called Chromium, so you might want to try searching for that first. If it's not there, then use the link above and you can download and install it yourself!

Cheers for now,
Jas.

I downloaded it and installed it a few days ago via the same site Jason provided and it works great!

thanks i downloaded it but i works very slowly , if uninstalled firefox will it work faster ??

Probably not. Unless you are running processes on firefox while you are on chrome.

my pc is dual boot i'm running linux and windows xp does that have anything with my slow browser ?

Search in the software center or synaptic for chromium. It isn't called chrome in the repository.

Search in the software center or synaptic for chromium. It isn't called chrome in the repository.

Its not called chromium, either. Chromium is a game in the repo. Its called chromium-browser, rather confusingly

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.