WAMP style server deployment/installation questions
So I have a WAMP server setup on my development machine using wampserver which i want to deploy on a standard windows pc through a single installation package.
I'll be using NSIS to make the installation file.
I need to know a few things:
1. Should I install apache,php,mysql individually or use something like wampServer (which I am using on the dev machine)?
2. Do I need to check for pre-existing installations of Apache,mysql and/or php? If so, what should I do if I find them?
3. Should I do silent installs or call the individual installers for each
4. Is there anything I need to do so that I don't require a restart for everything to be ready to go?
5. I will have to replace/modify the default config files with my own of course, can I do this with an install script before I install apache/php/mysql, I think I read somewhere that apache doesn't override existing config files, not sure about the others.
Is there anything else I am not taking into consideration? Basically I want the installation to be as automated as possible and I definitely want to avoid things like the mysql server setup which would be pretty silly in an already made server install package.
I'm new with web development in general and I have also never made an installation file before so that is why I have so many questions!
Related Article:Error when running WordPress on a new server
is a solved Linux and Unix discussion thread by techningeer that has 5 replies, was last updated 1 year ago and has been tagged with the keywords: error, install, lamp, wordpress, apache.