I am doing an independent study this semester for this startup website. They want me to do the code to run this quasi-blogging feature and they want parts of it to use AJAX (technology that gmail uses to be so cool). Anyway, I know little about the technology, much less how to use it. I would appreciate links that accomplish 2 things:

-How to set up apache to run AJAX.
-Tutorials that you guys think are good.

Much obliged.

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

I'm just getting into AJAX as well, the best reading I can think of was on a podcast I heard: http://www.softwareas.com/ajax-podcast
I recall it being a 3 or 4 part series, but what's more interesting, the links on the site are very usefull. Check it out.

I am doing an independent study this semester for this startup website. They want me to do the code to run this quasi-blogging feature and they want parts of it to use AJAX (technology that gmail uses to be so cool). Anyway, I know little about the technology, much less how to use it. I would appreciate links that accomplish 2 things:

-How to set up apache to run AJAX.
-Tutorials that you guys think are good.

Much obliged.

I would highly suggest that you read what AJAX is first. Google is a powerful tool, and everyone is making AJAX tutorials now since it has taken off.

But to answer your question, you don't need to configure Apache specifically for AJAX. The J in AJAX stands for JavaScript and client side feature of browsers.

However you may need to configure it for whatever backend you decided to use with AJAX, I assume PHP.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.