Hey

Im looking for a easy and fast way to install Apache Tomcat and Axis 2 on a Ubuntu box. I followed a guide but it left my PC a mess (I couldnt get updates correctly)

Thank you

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Tomcat is installable from aptitude (apt-get) and synaptic package managers. I don't know about Axis2. I am installing an Ubuntu 12.04 image on a VM over the next couple of days (the DVD's are downloading now), so I'll reply back about that when I know a bit more. Usually, if you can install a package from the system repositories, it is preferable to installing from source or whatever.

Tomcat is installable from aptitude (apt-get) and synaptic package managers. I don't know about Axis2. I am installing an Ubuntu 12.04 image on a VM over the next couple of days (the DVD's are downloading now), so I'll reply back about that when I know a bit more. Usually, if you can install a package from the system repositories, it is preferable to installing from source or whatever.

Yeah, Tomcat is the easy part; The hard part is Axis 2.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.